Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Potosi anyone?

Travels to Wisconsin allow time for great research. Heading home in late July for a duel wedding shower (Seth/Sean - I can't wait!!), I'll be able to accomplish some serious studying at some of Sconnie's best breweries, pasty eateries and flea markets. Not to mention, we're going to throw down some mad meat at my cousins' wedding shower.

On Friday, July 25th, I'll be studying hard core. I'm looking for study partners, so let me know if you want to come along for the ride ~

First stop, the National Brewery Museum at Potosi Brewery Co. I'm excited to see what the American Breweriana Association has pulled together. I'm not sure if there's another museum of this sort, but imagine it will be a rare jewel for breweriana junkies.

Next stop, Mineral Point, WI. The Red Rooster Cafe for pasties. I've never been but they've been open for 30 years and my Aunt Karen says they're delicious and she should know - she's a local. I'll wash down with some brew at Brewery Creek.

I'm always drawn back to the Mount Horeb Mustard Museum with a pit stop at The Grumpy Troll. This, of course leads me to New Glarus, but I might save that leg of the trip for the next time I am around and the Carey's new brewery is open.

I'm not sure where I'll post up that night, but I need to be in Monroe the following morning which might turn into an early afternoon visit to the Huber Brewery. I could take it back to Madison to visit Capital and check out Teddy Wedgers, but not sure yet. My mission's flexible; I could be easily persuaded.

Any advice/suggestions on hot spots that will help me in my adventure are appreciated. And if you can't join me for the day, maybe there's a pint we can hook-up over during my adventure. Shoot me a mail if you would!

Prost, Sarita

1 comment:

Sue said...

hey there--
Just wanted to give my 2 cents - I just found your blog by googling saraveza. We live near Michigan & Killingsworth and are soooooo excited that you're building a bar there! We plan to bring you chocolate chip cookies and get (responsibly) toasted in there on a regular basis to entice you to stay. Welcome to the neighborhood - can't wait!!

All day long....

All day long....